Sports are for fun, but they also offer benefits and lessons that carry over into all aspects of life. Make us part of your plans for your future business promotion.
Brief Club History
- Wilmslow Hockey Club was formed in the 1890s and was one of founder clubs of Cheshire HA.
- The club was reformed after the War and played through the 50s, 60s and 70s on the Rectory Field. Moving to Oakwood Farm site in Styal in 1980, steady improvement has been made to the facilities culminating in the construction of a clubhouse with changing facilities and AstroTurf pitch.
- On the playing side both Men’s and Ladies’ 1st XIs have, from modest beginnings made giant strides over the past five years with a number of league promotions.
- The Club today now boasts over 10 teams, including 5 mens and 5 ladies teams
- The Club has a thriving colts and junior section for both boys and girls aged 5 and upwards.
- The Club also has summer league sides competing in local summer leagues throughout the area.
Our long term vision for the future of the Senior club is to achieve Premier League status - our Mens and Ladies 1s both play in North Hockey Division 1, so attracting visitors from across the North of England and raising our profile and brand when we play away matches.
Our investment in junior hockey is a key constituent in the future of the club as well as providing essential recreational activity for over 160 local children.
Hockey has always been a very social pursuit and we will continue to provide facilities that hosts our many visitors in a friendly and picturesque environment.
So what do we currently provide?
- Elite coaching
- Club coaching
- Junior development aged 5 upwards
- Community liaison
- Tournament organisation
- Umpiring courses
How are we currently funded ?
As a club we already charge match fees and subscriptions to all our players, but this only provides the basic requirements for the club. Some senior members of the club, some friends of the club and parents of junior players make additional financial contributions to assist with costs. Some local business sponsor teams and website information which assists in kit provision.
We can offer you opportunities to help us and to promote your business through various levels of sponsorship. We hope there is a package that is suitable for you.
This package is designed as a major club sponsor and would include, banners at the pitch, banners at the club, name on front of fixture list, name on club stationery, name on all pages of the website, table at annual dinner 8 people, use of club for 1 company event, a sponsors day invite, match reports by email weekly, where possible inclusion in local press and hockey/national press, sponsors stand at club for 2 Saturdays.
*adaptations to the package can be discussed with the sponsorship committee
Teams shirt sponsorship of Mens and Ladies 1st and 2nd XI, banner at the pitch, website inclusion, 4 tickets to annual dinner. Inclusion on fixture page in fixture list.
* Adaptations can be discussed with the sponsorship committee
- Team sponsorship, shirts and website £500pa
- Banner sponsorship £500 in first year, £350 subsequent years.
- Coach sponsorship, Yellow coach sweatshirt to be worn by coach at each session. £200pa 4 available)
- Match ball/day sponsorship £25 per game or £500 per season per team. Sponsor board at pitch and then at the clubhouse.
- Player sponsorship £100, profile listing amendment, website etc.
- Annual dinner sponsorship, a chance to show your support at the event that the club attends. £200. WHC Annual dinner sponsored by your company on tickets and table plan) Increasing to £600 with 1 table for 10.
- Social Event sponsorship £100
- Stationery sponsorship £100 for footer statement. Website link sales. E.g.. Sock supplier, equipment sales, medical services, gym membership. £100 each
If you would like the opportunity to support the club either:
- By playing
Contact: Laura Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org